Application fee $110 for Cultural Council members, and $150 for non-members. Space will be limited to 20 artists. This is a juried event held during the 6th annual International Blackbird Film Festival. Click on the link below for more information about the festival.
Completed artwork is DUE no later than June 15th, 2021
Drop off at CINCH Art Space, Cortland Corset Building, 75 E. Court Street, T, W, F, 10-5, TH 10-7, S 10-3.
In an effort to highlight local talent, the Cultural Council of Cortland County in concert with the Blackbird Film and Arts Fest invite artists to create art using the theme FILM or the theme MOVIES. Artists may choose the medium but restrict the work to two- dimensions, no larger than 12 x 12. They may submit no more than two entries. Only one prize will be awarded per artist. The work will be displayed in the Artist Village (June 19th & 20th) at the Blackbird Film and Arts Fest 2021 at Greek Peak Mountain Resort where filmmakers and attendees can view and purchase a picture. There will be three (3) prizes: first place $100 and a Cultural Council Membership; second place $50 and a Cultural Council Membership; and third place $25 and a Cultural Council Membership. Winners will be announced at 2pm on Sunday, June 20th, 2021 at the Blackbird Film Festival.
HOW THIS WORKS:
1) Artwork should be based on the theme FILM or the theme MOVIES. Artists may submit up to two entries. Only one prize will be awarded to an artist.
2) Artist may choose the medium. Artwork should be two dimensional, no larger than 12”x12”.
3) Completed artwork is DUE no later than June 15th, 2021 at CINCH Art Space, Cortland Corset Building, 75 E. Court Street, T, W, F, 10-5, TH 10-7, S 10-3.
4) Artwork should NOT be framed.
5) Artist should specify a price if for sale. All proceeds will go to artists unless they wish to donate proceeds to the Cultural Council. If work is NOT sold, it can be donated to the Council or returned to the artist. If to be returned, a Cultural Council representative will contact artists about when and where to retrieve their work. If donated artist will receive a receipt for donation for tax purposes.
6) Three top winners will be contacted following the event and presented with their prize.
7) If interested, please complete the form below and submit with your artwork. Also, be sure artwork is protected and labeled on the back with your name and contact information.
The Cultural Council is seeking exhibit proposals for its new gallery space at the McNeil Building in downtown Cortland.
Both solo and group shows will be considered. Group shows need a point person. At this time only 2D work can be accommodated.
Exhibits will be up for approximately 2 months.
To submit, please send the following to with “McNeil CFA” as the subject line:
A brief exhibit proposal
3 to 5 images of work to be considered (title, medium, dimensions)
Name, email and phone number of artist or point person
Proposals will be reviewed by our gallery committee. If selected, artists are expected to become Artist Members of the Cultural Council. Each show will have a gallery opening, coordinated with the help of our gallery committee.
Please note the Cultural Council does not take responsibility for insuring artwork.
Area artists are invited to submit four to ten pieces for review for hanging in the lobby at the Guthrie Cortland Medical Center. One to two artists will be selected, and selected works will be hung for a six-month period.
The total usable space for artwork is 31 feet, separated in increments of 5 feet and 13 feet on one open wall, as well as two other walls at 4 and 5 feet, which also have a counter or tables along them. A hanging system is installed in this space, which can support up to 9 works. Submissions should take into account the available space and be no larger than 3 ft by 4 ft.
All work must be professionally presented. At least one image showing the finished presentation, whether framed, frameless, gallery wrapped or other, must be included. Selected works must be ready to hang by March 15. No sawtooth hangers will be accepted. The selected artist(s) must be a resident of Cortland County or one of its contiguous counties, and at the time in which the artwork is hung, be a member of the Cultural Council of Cortland County.